[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
20% 20% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

Matches for Wednesday 5

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:14 pm

Okay we're doing great lets keep it up keep the ideas flowing guys.
Maybe we should make some barfight type matches?
Indiana Jones, Chuck Norris (real version but at peak), Bruce Lee from his peak, Rick O'Connel, Nathan Drake, Arnold Schwarzenegger (at peak) sound like a bar brawl that would be worthwhile?

"The man once wrote: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger. Tolkien had that one mostly right. I stepped forward, let the door bang closed, and snarled, "Fuck subtle." Dresden Files book12 Changes

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matches for Wednesday 5

Post by Phantom on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:18 pm

Voted.

Phantom
General

View user profile http://realtalkforums.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Javier Cross on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:37 am

Sith Batman: The Forces is weak in you, you superstitious and cowardly lot!

Why did Lissa had to get stuck in a Vampiress's body, again?

What would you have done if you were in Mr. Tohsaka's shoes?

Admit it, you know its Badass! afro lol! Razz
Javier Cross
Prince of the Alliance!

Location : Trying to watch The Lightning Thief while watching Mina date her boyfriend, as if its a trailer scene.

View user profile http://interstellarwars.warsforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by itisburgers on Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:11 am

Goku(frieza Saga) vs. Samus

Justice League (New 52) vs Ginyu Force

Alcatraz vs. Solid Snake

pokemon vs. New phyrexia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:07 am

JL vs Ginyu Force, thats going to be a really long day.

"The man once wrote: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger. Tolkien had that one mostly right. I stepped forward, let the door bang closed, and snarled, "Fuck subtle." Dresden Files book12 Changes

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Teal on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:05 am

I voted for Harry in New Vegas. I know we covered it already but I like New Vegas that much.

Teal has a long history of making semi-snide comments and just-under-the-level-of-insulting comments
Mister Teal
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:13 am

Eh assuming Dresden isn't an idiot and tries to figure out about where he is he'd probably do fairly well, when you think about it he is similar to the player character in New Vegas, wakes up not knowing where he is kind of thing. Tech is somewhat schizo there anyway so Dresden's causing tech to screw up since its either already rusty and messed up or old school enough it won't be bothered. Dresden's duster would protect from most bullets and I'm sure he wouldn't take chances with most things and would gather a band of allies. I can see Dresden doing pretty damn good once he catches the ropes. His duster would protect him from most gunshots that aren't headshots.

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Teal on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:27 am

Well his problem is that he couldn't use a lot of the weapons that would make the Courier/Player Character so powerful outside of game mechanics (military grade explosives and energy weapons) which are more powerful than his singular spells.

His real advantage is the shield which could shrug off pretty much all weapons in the "guns" category of the game with the exception of explosive anti-mat variants.

So if we were to pick apart the factions, I'd say Legion would be easiest in terms of pure fighting. Surviving them isn't likely given their scouts and snipers across the wastes, but going up against a large amount of them would be easiest compared to House, NCR or Brotherhood of Steel.

A lot of the housebots could get taken out in-combat, but with the numbers and upgrades they swisscheese the whole area Dresden is standing in. Boomers also rely on explosive ordnance, but they're just human so they'd have to have a good position or outnumber him as well.

His shield would get him along easier than the courier I would think though. Would he be able to use plasma weapons, if the tech isn't quantifiably encountered by him in his own canon? I could see that being helpful.

Teal has a long history of making semi-snide comments and just-under-the-level-of-insulting comments
Mister Teal
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:32 am

I think his spells would make up for not being able to use some of the higher powered weapons. He'll probably get allies so its possible he'll avoid getting caught off guard depending on which he has.
I guess it depends on one thing, is Dresden having to take up the chip quest for the Courier or follow the same story line at the least.

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Teal on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:39 am

Well wouldn't he interfere with securitrons and the chip itself with his tech incompatibility? House is wired to a lot of places in and around New Vegas, if he saw his systems (radio, satelite, whatever part) were undergoing issues he'd likely swarm the area with his bots.

But if NV got shut down or experienced power-outages he'd just wind up in a hole out in the desert with some schlub getting a new duster.

Also, he couldn't do much to help a lot of people either which could make getting allies tough. Restoring or rerouting power grids, upgrading robots, all that hacking. His tech issues would be more of a hindrance to himself in that tech-heavy universe.

Mister Teal
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Teal on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:43 am

Also, he may be able to use plasma stuffs now that I think about it. If not those, definitely (we'd have to brush aside the canon) the alien blaster. I think that'd definitely boost his offense, but having thought about his tech-incompatibility I'd say he'd be pretty unpopular even with equalized weapons in tow.

Mister Teal
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:46 am

True, I wonder. Maybe if we put in a stipulation that his antitech field doesn't work overkill but he can still affect tech at will?
Also this is making me want to play New Vegas again.
There's also what year the games take place in, possibly far enough in the future that Dresden's magic will adapt like the magic in his universe has in the past (it didn't always effect tech)

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Teal on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:54 am

Well some quantifiable anti-tech would still apply obviously (assault rifles, SMGS, etc.) the alien blaster though (if we decided to keep it in) and possibly the plasma guns should be okay since its internals and ammo are different than what Harry's come into contact with. So I think he would be able to use those things, which'd pump up his offense pretty nicely and would combo well with his defensive edge against small-arms.

But, given the setting I would agree some stipulation would need to be in play. Even medical equipment like auto-docs would probably have issues, so would the chip itself. He'd also have a lot of issues with some of the DLC situations, be it getting his head blown off from short-circuiting a bomb-collar or not being able to find a location due to disrupting pip-boy maps.

Mister Teal
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by itisburgers on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:27 pm

Well i didn't want him to be the courier because of the anti-tech, Put him pretty much equidistant from NCR, Legion, and Primm(who just so happens to be looking for a sheriff) so he has options about how he could progress, never played dlc for New Vegas so can't say anything there, assuming plasma works he could also augment his offense with a powerfist, Radiation is fallout's Radiation so he may mutate given his magical nature, oh and wacky wasteland is on just for lulz.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Teal on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:31 pm

Well if wild wasteland is on he'd at least have access to alien blaster, although I don't know how to quantify outside of game mechanics (in which it's pretty beastly)

It does have the same vaporizing effect as other energy weapons though, so we could maybe equalize the heat output to either lasers or plasma weapons.

Mister Teal
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Javier Cross on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:08 pm

We managed to get to the 10,000 post count, do we win anything, yet? cheers

Javier Cross
Prince of the Alliance!

Location : Trying to watch The Lightning Thief while watching Mina date her boyfriend, as if its a trailer scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:12 pm

I don't know your the admin, so in that case congrats.

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Javier Cross on Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:13 pm

GuardianAngel1911 wrote:I don't know your the admin, so in that case congrats.
We might need a new image to add for celebration in a possible announcement, methinks. Very Happy

Javier Cross
Prince of the Alliance!

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:15 pm

could someone help me find team two images for the team fight?

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:15 pm

@Commander
again your the site Admin, whatever you feel appropriate for the milestone.

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Javier Cross on Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:18 pm

GuardianAngel1911 wrote:@Commander
again your the site Admin, whatever you feel appropriate for the milestone.

@Admiral

Not gonna lie, I wish I had training with modifying images in general. Sad
I could help find images with Agumon or Sasuke in particular if you like, just make sure to assure me that Sasuke's gonna get eventually floored and I'll be fine, alright?(Besides if Dresden does it, he just saved Haseo the trouble of doing it himself, is all!) afro

Javier Cross
Prince of the Alliance!

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:21 pm

as many team two images as you can find will be nice please.

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Javier Cross on Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:24 pm

http://webspace.webring.com/people/xm/musictoyboy/digimon/agumon.gif

An Agumon image!

http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/1fa8991b840329e7bab8f3a40dcbe266/http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2305/2518816182_f5f20596ec.jpg

Yes, its Murtagh's counterpart in Sasuke, AKA the guy I'd back Haseo against if asked of me, NQA, Dresden better not be holding back, alright?

Javier Cross
Prince of the Alliance!

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:43 pm

Thank you, you'll see why I need them when you look at the team 1 image.

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Javier Cross on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:44 pm

GuardianAngel1911 wrote:Thank you, you'll see why I need them when you look at the team 1 image.

@Admiral

Anytime, sir.

P.S: Funny enough, despite its flaws, ComicVine.com isn't too shabby in the areas of debating, either, I find.

Javier Cross
Prince of the Alliance!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top