40% 40% 
[ 2 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Wednsday lineup choice

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Mon May 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Choose your fighters.
(the three star wars Dresden matches are basically alternates, whichever you think would be fairest basically.

"The man once wrote: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger. Tolkien had that one mostly right. I stepped forward, let the door bang closed, and snarled, "Fuck subtle." Dresden Files book12 Changes

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wednsday lineup choice

Post by Carmine on Mon May 21, 2012 11:17 pm

Hulk v.s Durge
Very Happy
2nd Place Darth Vader v.s Dresden!

"Shit just got real!" Mad
Carmine
Sergeant Major

View user profile http://copycatforums.freeforums.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Teal on Mon May 21, 2012 11:43 pm

I did Dresden vs Obi Wan since Vader definitely stomps, and Yoda might depending on his best force-crush feats. But I'm pretty sure Vader and Yoda have better stuff than Obi Wan.

That of course comes from someone that hasn't even seen the original trilogy much less any EU stuffs. Maybe Obi wan gets a steroid injection like Luke.

Teal has a long history of making semi-snide comments and just-under-the-level-of-insulting comments
Mister Teal
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Mon May 21, 2012 11:55 pm

Don't forget Vader has one major disadvantage, his heart and breathing are controlled by a very high tech computer, if Dresden wanted he could send an intensive care floor of a hospital into a blackout with a spell. And Dresden quotes Star Wars all the time.

"The man once wrote: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger. Tolkien had that one mostly right. I stepped forward, let the door bang closed, and snarled, "Fuck subtle." Dresden Files book12 Changes

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Teal on Tue May 22, 2012 12:00 am

Unless Vader is just completely devoid of feats he just chokes or baby shakes Dresden. I believe Marauder mentioned he was plucking down TIE fighters going at atmosphere-entry speeds or something. That kind of force-resistance is going to turn Dresden into a pile of gore and bones like nothing.

Teal has a long history of making semi-snide comments and just-under-the-level-of-insulting comments
Mister Teal
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Tue May 22, 2012 12:02 am

Dresden can pluck objects from orbit too Cool
Shields can block tk and magic (since in order for either to affect the other Force would need to equal magic)

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Teal on Tue May 22, 2012 12:03 am

His shields can't block that kind of force I mean. He would be crushed by the shield itself if it wouldn't just crack in the first place, which seems more likely given its feats.

Mister Teal
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Tue May 22, 2012 12:06 am

True though nothing stopping him from putting Vader on ice either. One word and all the heat gets sucked from Vader. Both attacks require an instant. So anyones game.
Also care to look at the Dresden vs Potter simulation?

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Teal on Tue May 22, 2012 12:11 am

I saw it, funny stuff. Are you going through all the matches or can we go add our own?

In terms of Vader vs. Dresden though, Vader would have more outs. Dresden can be physically exhausted by severe damage to his shield to begin with, so really even if Vader barely surpassed the shield's limits it'd be a strain to get off other spells properly.

That's being extremely overly-generous though since any amount of sustained force-pressure like Vader can do is going to liquify Harry pretty quickly.

As for defense, I read Vader has force barriers but I personally have no idea as to what capacity it can be used.

Mister Teal
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Tue May 22, 2012 12:12 am

I figured I'd do all the ones I could for sure do, I'll put a post in the ones I know I can do right now and the others I'll either have to do research on or one of you guys can do it.

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Teal on Tue May 22, 2012 12:14 am

Gotcha. I'm no writer or anything but it seems like a good wrap-up/summary of some fights. Could probably do some funny "jerkass deaths" with a few matches here.

Batman vs Iron Man

Mister Teal
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Tue May 22, 2012 12:17 am

Yeah, I tried to leave Potter a wee bit of dignity. Course getting blown to bits and Dresden basically admitting to not only toying with him but would have been willing to let him walk out to an emergency room had he not used Avada Kadavra stripped Potter of most of his dignity I think.

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Teal on Tue May 22, 2012 12:23 am

I'm skipping over all the dignity for the loser if I get around to doing one of them. Bragging rights is' bragging rights, easily gotten or not I say.

I don't think I'll make all of them mid-battle suicides though, although those usually seem the funniest to me.

Mister Teal
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Tue May 22, 2012 12:25 am

Well you can do Dante vs Kratos for sure (I know nothing of Dante so can't do the character much justice.)
I mainly tried to spare Potter's dignity just because the stomp itself was so funny anyway, Potter being unable to even tickle Dresden then being blown up with one spell.

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Javier Cross on Tue May 22, 2012 5:28 am

GuardianAngel1911 wrote:Well you can do Dante vs Kratos for sure (I know nothing of Dante so can't do the character much justice.)
I mainly tried to spare Potter's dignity just because the stomp itself was so funny anyway, Potter being unable to even tickle Dresden then being blown up with one spell.

Did I forget to mention you almost forgot to mention that blue-haired jarhead dude almost dropped by to attempt to snipe Dresden out, due to the mess that broke out?

Why did Lissa had to get stuck in a Vampiress's body, again?

What would you have done if you were in Mr. Tohsaka's shoes?

Admit it, you know its Badass! afro lol! Razz
Javier Cross
Prince of the Alliance!

Location : Trying to watch The Lightning Thief while watching Mina date her boyfriend, as if its a trailer scene.

View user profile http://interstellarwars.warsforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by itisburgers on Tue May 22, 2012 10:03 am

Whats to say Dresden's Anti-magic doesn't cripple Vader?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmine on Tue May 22, 2012 10:05 am

Hulk v.s durge anyone?

Carmine
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by itisburgers on Tue May 22, 2012 10:07 am

It's either stomp for hulk or Stalemate, How did Durge Die?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Tue May 22, 2012 10:11 am

forgot to do the vote cancelling option but for the sake of argument changing my vote to Obi-Wan vs Dresden so its not a four way tie. I doubt I'm going to be wanting to do four matches at midnight and a fourway tie would seriously shrink the match pool.

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmine on Tue May 22, 2012 10:12 am

itisburgers wrote:It's either stomp for hulk or Stalemate, How did Durge Die?
I don't remember I think he got bfr'd to the sun or got incinerated by a laser beam.

Carmine
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Teal on Tue May 22, 2012 11:45 am

itisburgers wrote:Whats to say Dresden's Anti-magic doesn't cripple Vader?

Nothing, just need feats and an approximate range for combat viability purposes. Although the force barriers may also be viable in closing him off from magic for the brief moment it'd take to make Dresden into powder. I'll look up feats if the actual match gets posted, but I'm just not really seeing how Dresden would get much done against precog and that kind of TK force.

Mister Teal
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Javier Cross on Tue May 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Mister Teal wrote:
itisburgers wrote:Whats to say Dresden's Anti-magic doesn't cripple Vader?

Nothing, just need feats and an approximate range for combat viability purposes. Although the force barriers may also be viable in closing him off from magic for the brief moment it'd take to make Dresden into powder. I'll look up feats if the actual match gets posted, but I'm just not really seeing how Dresden would get much done against precog and that kind of TK force.

Just in case, common sense says that the Admiral or Carmine may have to state that Elemental Compatibility rules are in effect, the Force may or may not be Magic, but its possible to defend against it with Magic all the same.

Words do not describe how useful such a rule is!

Javier Cross
Prince of the Alliance!

Location : Trying to watch The Lightning Thief while watching Mina date her boyfriend, as if its a trailer scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Tue May 22, 2012 3:00 pm

samples of anti-tech
"ICU," I said. "Any chance we could talk to him somewhere else?"

"Those doctors can be real funny about not wanting people in critical condition to nip out for a walk to the vending machines," she said.

I grunted. "You might have to solo him, then. I don't dare go walking in there with all the medical equipment around."

"Even if it was just for a few minutes?" she asked.

I shrugged. "I don't have any control over when things break down." I paused and said, "Well, not exactly. I could blow out the whole floor in a few seconds, if I was trying to do it, but there's not much I can do to keep things from breaking down. Odds are good that if I was only in there for a few minutes, nothing bad would happen. But sometimes things go haywire the second I walk by them. I can't take any chances when there are people on life support."
Proven Guilty, Chap 15

"He beat us to a comparatively empty side hallway that led back to ground-floor guest rooms and elevators. By the time we got into the clear, the elevator doors had opened. Murphy hurried forward and shot a glance over her shoulder at me, then jerked her chin at the elevators.

I grinned. There are times when I hate it that technology has such problems operating around wizards. And then there are the times when it's sort of fun.

I made a mild effort of will, focused my thoughts on the elevators, and murmured, "Hexus." Nebulous and unseen energy fluttered down the hallway, and when the hex hit the elevators there was a sudden hiss of sparks at one edge of the panel with the call button, and an oozing smoke dribbled out a moment later. The doors started to close, then a bell went bing. The doors sprang open again. That happened a couple of more times before Murphy closed to the elevator and caught up to Darby Crane.
-
"I can't imagine what I know that would help you," Crane replied. He glanced at the unmoving elevator doors and sighed. "Bother." He drew a small black cell phone from his jacket pocket, hit a button without looking, and lifted it to his ear. Then he lowered it again and frowned down at it in silence.

Hah. Take that, weasel."
-
'"Ah, Mr. Crane," the newcomer said. He had a wheezy, nasal voice. "I received your call, but it was apparently cut off just as I answered."

Crane took out his phone again and tossed it underhand to the newcomer. "It seems to have died quite abruptly, Lucius. Like this elevator."'
Proven Guilty, Chap 21

"Greene spat a curse and reached for his radio, presumably to summon goons.

Greene was an ass.

Maybe I was going a little hex-happy, but I muttered something under my breath and made a little effort. Sparks shot out of the radio and were followed by curls of smoke. Greene stood there cursing as he tried to get the thing to work. "Dammit, Dresden," he snarled. "Get out before I have you taken downtown.""
Proven Guilty, Chap 22

How big would you say a ICU floor of the average Hospital is?

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Javier Cross on Tue May 22, 2012 3:02 pm

GuardianAngel1911 wrote:samples of anti-tech
"ICU," I said. "Any chance we could talk to him somewhere else?"

"Those doctors can be real funny about not wanting people in critical condition to nip out for a walk to the vending machines," she said.

I grunted. "You might have to solo him, then. I don't dare go walking in there with all the medical equipment around."

"Even if it was just for a few minutes?" she asked.

I shrugged. "I don't have any control over when things break down." I paused and said, "Well, not exactly. I could blow out the whole floor in a few seconds, if I was trying to do it, but there's not much I can do to keep things from breaking down. Odds are good that if I was only in there for a few minutes, nothing bad would happen. But sometimes things go haywire the second I walk by them. I can't take any chances when there are people on life support."
Proven Guilty, Chap 15

"He beat us to a comparatively empty side hallway that led back to ground-floor guest rooms and elevators. By the time we got into the clear, the elevator doors had opened. Murphy hurried forward and shot a glance over her shoulder at me, then jerked her chin at the elevators.

I grinned. There are times when I hate it that technology has such problems operating around wizards. And then there are the times when it's sort of fun.

I made a mild effort of will, focused my thoughts on the elevators, and murmured, "Hexus." Nebulous and unseen energy fluttered down the hallway, and when the hex hit the elevators there was a sudden hiss of sparks at one edge of the panel with the call button, and an oozing smoke dribbled out a moment later. The doors started to close, then a bell went bing. The doors sprang open again. That happened a couple of more times before Murphy closed to the elevator and caught up to Darby Crane.
-
"I can't imagine what I know that would help you," Crane replied. He glanced at the unmoving elevator doors and sighed. "Bother." He drew a small black cell phone from his jacket pocket, hit a button without looking, and lifted it to his ear. Then he lowered it again and frowned down at it in silence.

Hah. Take that, weasel."
-
'"Ah, Mr. Crane," the newcomer said. He had a wheezy, nasal voice. "I received your call, but it was apparently cut off just as I answered."

Crane took out his phone again and tossed it underhand to the newcomer. "It seems to have died quite abruptly, Lucius. Like this elevator."'
Proven Guilty, Chap 21

"Greene spat a curse and reached for his radio, presumably to summon goons.

Greene was an ass.

Maybe I was going a little hex-happy, but I muttered something under my breath and made a little effort. Sparks shot out of the radio and were followed by curls of smoke. Greene stood there cursing as he tried to get the thing to work. "Dammit, Dresden," he snarled. "Get out before I have you taken downtown.""
Proven Guilty, Chap 22

How big would you say a ICU floor of the average Hospital is?

@Admiral

I don't know, truth be told! Embarassed

Javier Cross
Prince of the Alliance!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Teal on Tue May 22, 2012 3:26 pm

None of those stop a forcecrushing though, it wouldn't take any effort(time). Dresden doesn't really have a feat against that kind of sustained pressure.

Also, if we're making both compatible then force defenses would work on the magic.

And if they're not compatible his head gets crushed instead of his whole shield.

Mister Teal
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top