[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

Saturday lineup pick 2

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Thu May 17, 2012 10:22 pm

Okay we have several more matches courtesy of Carmine on many.

"The man once wrote: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger. Tolkien had that one mostly right. I stepped forward, let the door bang closed, and snarled, "Fuck subtle." Dresden Files book12 Changes

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Saturday lineup pick 2

Post by Carmine on Fri May 18, 2012 8:02 am

Oooo so many choices Smile

I'm stuck between gandalf the white v.s dresden and covenant v.s ravagers and geth v.s CIS

"Shit just got real!" Mad
Carmine
Sergeant Major

View user profile http://copycatforums.freeforums.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Fri May 18, 2012 8:06 am

It is tough choices I had to pick between Dresden vs Gandalf and Voltron vs Megas both I wanted to see but went with Dresden Gandalf just because I love the idea of one of the classic levels by which wizards are measured going up against my favorite wizard

"The man once wrote: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger. Tolkien had that one mostly right. I stepped forward, let the door bang closed, and snarled, "Fuck subtle." Dresden Files book12 Changes

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmine on Fri May 18, 2012 8:21 am

GuardianAngel1911 wrote:It is tough choices I had to pick between Dresden vs Gandalf and Voltron vs Megas both I wanted to see but went with Dresden Gandalf just because I love the idea of one of the classic levels by which wizards are measured going up against my favorite wizard
Gandalf the white is a good match for Dresden right? Razz

who do you think wins?
Carmine
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Fri May 18, 2012 8:24 am

I think Dresden but not hyper easily, just with some effort. Dresden once managed to trap one of the named Archangels (Uriel) albeit Uriel is powerful enough he was willing to humor Dresden, but Dresden created the circle with his imagination. and a broken back at the time. So heavy spellslinging but Dresden would probably win in my opinion.

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmine on Fri May 18, 2012 8:26 am

GuardianAngel1911 wrote:I think Dresden but not hyper easily, just with some effort. Dresden once managed to trap one of the named Archangels (Uriel) albeit Uriel is powerful enough he was willing to humor Dresden, but Dresden created the circle with his imagination. and a broken back at the time. So heavy spellslinging but Dresden would probably win in my opinion.
What if Gandalf the white was aloud to use his full power (no restrictions) on dresden would he be able to win?
Carmine
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Fri May 18, 2012 8:34 am

potentially, Dresden can cut people off from outside magic with circles, I don't know if Gandalf has to pull in outside magic or not though. Thats one of the reasons on Factpile that he beat Eragon, he was able to cut off Eragon from the Eldunari and Saphira's magic boosts and had a spell made to disable wards with one word. Dresden has summoned and sent away Demons before, he may be able to ring out Gandalf if not get a technical kill.

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmine on Fri May 18, 2012 8:41 am

GuardianAngel1911 wrote:potentially, Dresden can cut people off from outside magic with circles, I don't know if Gandalf has to pull in outside magic or not though. Thats one of the reasons on Factpile that he beat Eragon, he was able to cut off Eragon from the Eldunari and Saphira's magic boosts and had a spell made to disable wards with one word. Dresden has summoned and sent away Demons before, he may be able to ring out Gandalf if not get a technical kill.
What if Gandalf was made out of pure magic what would happen to him?
Carmine
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Fri May 18, 2012 8:48 am

He'd probably just be trapped till he could manage to break out, assuming he's powerful enough too.
Dresden trapped what amounts to a god once too. Plus he's faced demons that were basically magic within a physical form. When he destroys the form it forces the being back to its realm.
Equivalent elements, destruction of corporeal form equals banishment for Dresden beings under a similar power.

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmine on Fri May 18, 2012 9:06 am

GuardianAngel1911 wrote:He'd probably just be trapped till he could manage to break out, assuming he's powerful enough too.
Dresden trapped what amounts to a god once too. Plus he's faced demons that were basically magic within a physical form. When he destroys the form it forces the being back to its realm.
Equivalent elements, destruction of corporeal form equals banishment for Dresden beings under a similar power.
Mmm we need some major gandalf feats to make the match interesting Neutral
Carmine
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Fri May 18, 2012 9:09 am

Isn't that Gandalf's problem usually? I mean overall Dresden cancels out the maiar advantage (Dresden vs Balrog I suggested on Factpile for that very reason)

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Fri May 18, 2012 4:45 pm

No one else is going to vote? I know some of you have been online, come on, If its only me then I might as well have just picked a match which completely defeats the purpose of the voting polls section.

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Teal on Fri May 18, 2012 4:50 pm

Free vote from me

Teal has a long history of making semi-snide comments and just-under-the-level-of-insulting comments
Mister Teal
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Teal on Fri May 18, 2012 6:18 pm

I change my mind, I'm going with Megas.

Teal has a long history of making semi-snide comments and just-under-the-level-of-insulting comments
Mister Teal
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Teal on Fri May 18, 2012 6:30 pm

Also, I'm pretty sure Dresden gay-bashes Gandalf real easily. Just from what feats can get proven for him in combat. He could probably just stick to his revolver for that one.

No issue with stomp matches though, in fact I love them.

Mister Teal
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Fri May 18, 2012 7:47 pm

well the whole Maiar thing should make the revolver thing moot shouldn't it?

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Fri May 18, 2012 9:59 pm

and another tie..

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Teal on Fri May 18, 2012 11:34 pm

I thought first kills were wins

Mister Teal
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel1911 on Fri May 18, 2012 11:38 pm

They are right, sorry half asleep while typing all this right now.

GuardianAngel1911
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top