Hogwarts:Year One

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hogwarts:Year One

Post by Isabella Black on Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:12 pm

[[This is for my recruiting thing]]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella sighed as she climbed on the train. She didn't know anyone and wasn't afraid of the school, but the people!
Isabella Black
Head of Aphrodite Cabin

Location : Lost in my own little world...because i break my promises, of course!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hogwarts:Year One

Post by swimminggeek272 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:20 pm

Reena was sitting alone in one of the empty compartments she was lucky enough to find. In earnest, she was scared. Her brother Mark already ran off with a group of his friends and left Reena standing all by herself. She looked out the window and could only be mesemrized by the large amount of people outside.

Last edited by swimminggeek272 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
swimminggeek272
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabella Black on Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:23 pm

Bella timidly knocked on the compartment door and walked in.

'Do you mind if I sit with you? Everwhere else is full."

[[i stole that]]
Isabella Black
Head of Aphrodite Cabin

Location : Lost in my own little world...because i break my promises, of course!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by swimminggeek272 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:28 pm

Reena glanced at the girl in front of her. She looked nice enough.

With a slight accent, she said, "No, I don't mind." And she made room for the person she hoped would be a new friend.
swimminggeek272
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabella Black on Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:33 pm

Bella smiled gratefully at the potential friend.

'Thank you so much." Her accent was British. Bella sat down across from the girl. "My name's Isabella, but I prefer friends to call me Bella."
Isabella Black
Head of Aphrodite Cabin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by swimminggeek272 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:39 pm

Reena pondered. "Bella...that's a pretty name. Mine's is Katrina but everybody in my family calls me Reena. Where from England are you from? I'm not so familiar with the area here."

Inside, Reena was happy. Mark had always teased her, saying that she would never make any friends at Hogwarts. Oh, how wrong he was. And Bella was really nice.
swimminggeek272
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabella Black on Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:43 pm

"Thanks," Bella smiled, "And I like Reena. Much more interesting then my name. I'm from a little town named Guivar, near Britain. What about you?"

Bella smiled a secret smile. Her older cousin had said she would never make any friends at all, and she was going to be proven wrong.
Isabella Black
Head of Aphrodite Cabin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by swimminggeek272 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:49 pm

Reena laughed. Truthfully, that was a first. Everybody just thought Reena was a normal name from where she was from. "I'm from Lisburn, Northern Ireland. A long way from home."

And Reena began to feel slightly homesick. No, that wasn't the way to think. She was going to Hogwarts and that meant a new experience...right?
swimminggeek272
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabella Black on Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:54 pm

"Oh. It must be awfully different for you here then. But you must be the first person who isn't from Britain asked to Hogwarts!" Bella said in awe.

She felt very jealous of this Reena, but she was glad Reena she was so nice.
Isabella Black
Head of Aphrodite Cabin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by swimminggeek272 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:02 pm

Reena shook her head. "It is most likely because of my brother. He's older than I am and he got accepted first. Plus, my mother went to Hogwarts and wanted to send the two of us there."

In truth, it was different. Just being in London made Reena's head spin. It was extremely busy and it was all so new to her. Perhaps Bella could help her around...but she doubted that she would see much of London. From what her mother said earlier, they didn't travel out of school much. Reena looked down at the key chain of the Ulster Rugby icon. She hoped it would bring good luck. Well, it was good luck that she met Bella. Maybe it was working.
swimminggeek272
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabella Black on Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:09 pm

Bella nodded. "My older cousin got into Hogwarts two years ago. She told me all sorts of stories about it, till I was terrified to come here. But my mum told me that my cousin was lying."

Bella hummed quietly, thinking of how much she missed her mother already.
Isabella Black
Head of Aphrodite Cabin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by swimminggeek272 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:26 pm

Wow...her mum sounds really nice, Reena thought. Reena threw in a laugh. "Haha...my brother did the same thing to me. Ever since he started second year, he would tell me scary stories about Hogwarts. My mum had to practically force me to go. Do you think it will be difficutl?"
swimminggeek272
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Champagne and Gunsmoke on Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:35 pm

Cress down the train, pushing his trunk along a few feet at a time with his foot. Balanced on top of it was Socrates' cage. The bird that was supposed to be in that cage, a large, black crow, was in fact not in the cage, but instead perched on Cress' shoulder. Every compartment he looked into was empty, except one, and the people in there had been older students who closed the door when he went to enter. Eventually he found one near the end of the last car with only two occupants in it.

He pushed his trunk past the door so he could get in front of it, but apparently Socrates had decided this was a good place to settle and tapped on the glass with his beak before Cress could knock, which he went ahead and did anyway. "You should really learn to wait for my cue first, you know that?" He muttered to the bird. Socrates just let out a low mutter in return.
Champagne and Gunsmoke
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by swimminggeek272 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:18 pm

Reena jolted from the sound of a sharp tap. She could barely make out the dark silhoutte in front of the compartment door but being in extreme shock, she froze. Was it a teacher? Or maybe an older kid ready to pick on them? Reena was not going to take any chances.
swimminggeek272
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Champagne and Gunsmoke on Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:00 am

"Hello?" Cress asked when no one opened the compartment. He sighed. Maybe there was something farther along. He gave his trunk another push and Socrates muttered irritatedly. "I know. I know." Cress said.
Champagne and Gunsmoke
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by swimminggeek272 on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:30 pm

Reena tentatively opened the door. "Sorry. Are you looking for a place to sit?" She was shaking inside. She hated introductions but at the same time, she didn't want to feel like she was excluding others. The sight of the young boy standing before her gave her quite a shock. He seemed...a tad dark. The crow on his shoulder didn't help.
swimminggeek272
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Champagne and Gunsmoke on Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:37 pm

Cress looked at Socrates, who turned his head to look into the compartment, but remained otherwise inactive. Over time, Cress had learned to trust the bird's instincts. "If you don't mind. It doesn't look like there's anything else available," Cress said, reaching down to grab his trunk. Socrates jumped off of his shoulder and fluttered up to perch on one of the overhead luggage racks, cawed once, then stayed silent. "Sorry." Cress added. "He hates it when he drops below shoulder level."
Champagne and Gunsmoke
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by swimminggeek272 on Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:08 pm

Reena was still frozen by the compartment door. "Umm...it's not a problem." Ok, maybe this guy was weird but at least he had manners. Reena couldn't take her eyes off the bird either. Truthfully, he was a magnificent creature but...he still scared her.
swimminggeek272
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Champagne and Gunsmoke on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:50 am

Noticing her staring, Cress said, "His name's Socrates, after the philosopher. Appropriate I think, considering how smart he is. And he is smart. I'm Cress, by the way," he added.
Champagne and Gunsmoke
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by swimminggeek272 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:37 pm

Reena barely squeaked out, "Reena...I'm Reena. Er...he's a very intelligent bird." Still scary though, Reena thought.

Socrates...she vaguely remembered the philosopher but it was quite unfortunate that she chose that day to not listne to her teacher.

She had to ask the inevitable. "Are you also a first-year?"
swimminggeek272
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Champagne and Gunsmoke on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:37 pm

"Yeah," Cress said, dragging his trunk into the compartment and kicking carelessly under the seat. "I just moved here from the States. I'm transferring from the Jefferson Magic Academy."
Champagne and Gunsmoke
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by swimminggeek272 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:24 pm

"O.O...States? As in...the United States?" Reena was beyond shocked. She had never really met anyone outside of the United Kingdom and to have the chance to meet a foreigner going to Hogwarts was indeed astounding. And Bella thought that she was fortunate enough to come from Northern Ireland...here was someone who was from another continent! But she kept her calm. Leaning back in her seat (she finally got over the shock), she asked, "What is it like at Jefferson Magic Academy? I've never heard of it before."
swimminggeek272
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Champagne and Gunsmoke on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:54 am

"Well, since I haven't been to Hogwartz yet I don't know how it compares. I do know that we focus a bit more on theory over there than on practice, and we don't as many restrictions on underage wizardry." Cress replied.
Champagne and Gunsmoke
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by swimminggeek272 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:24 pm

Reena was surprised. She was raised by wizard parents yet her family never really immersed their selves in wizardry. Her mother had sent her to St. Aloysius Primary School and her mother loved to cook without her wand unless she was tired. Her father worked in the Ministry of Magic and her parents would use their wands but they never spoke about furthering wizard education at Hogwarts until Mark received the letter. But otherwise, Reena was rather ignorant when it came to wizardry especially the difference between theory and practice.

“Um…that’s interesting. Er…restrictions? What restrictions exist here?”
swimminggeek272
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabella Black on Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:31 pm

Bella gulped nervously. "Um Hello. I'm Bella. Are you really from the States? I like your crow. Do you think he might like my pet raven?" She asked. She picked up the cage that had been under the seat and showed Reena her pet raven.
Isabella Black
Head of Aphrodite Cabin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top