What if America lost the Revolutionary War?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What if America lost the Revolutionary War?

Post by Phantom on Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:19 am

What kind of outcome would arise and how would America be today?

Phantom
General

View user profile http://realtalkforums.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What if America lost the Revolutionary War?

Post by Mister Teal on Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:00 am

I don't even pay attention to current events, and am not at all a history buff -- but I'm thinking down the line the limeys would've had some kind of larger conflict with the French and whoever else lent a hand to the budding U.S. at the time. I know part of the reason Britain lost in the first place was because its army was so spread out during the war. So depending on how much of its own army the French and whoever else invested with helping America, they could've possibly swooped in for a cleanup of the British forces. And then the remnants of the U.S. would probably continue their pursuits, possibly missing some key historical figures. So even if the U.S. did lose -- I'm thinking it'd be more closely developed by, and representative of some other country rather than the victorious British forces.

If everything went off without a hitch for the British though, I'm not sure to what extent it'd be different today other than "a lot" I guess.

That's all just based on hearsay and vague recollections really, I actually don't even know what country I'm in.

Teal has a long history of making semi-snide comments and just-under-the-level-of-insulting comments
Mister Teal
General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top