The World, a rp idea

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The World, a rp idea

Post by Lucifer on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:37 pm

Hi, I've been developing this one for quite some time now and one of my main inspirations for this roleplay is the Matrix and other sci fi.

The basic premise is that this world is the centerpiece of the multiverse and because of this sometimes the borders between the universes become unstable and those of other universes can enter in to our own universe. As well as possibly enter others, in theory.

To be more detailed, our universe is supposed to be the original universe, the other universes were born as extensions to ours. Though they are born from the same origin each universe is quite different. Because they are so different, we can not perceive these beings usually. Even though they can walk around among us. They could touch us and we wouldn't know. It's almost as if they are "ghosts" in a way. Think of it like this, because our universe is the oldest, the younger universes have "newness", imagine a 90 year old trying to figure out how to use the computer and has never used one before. Though we can interact with them, if our perceptiveness were high enough. A "6th sense" if you will. Otherwise, a normal human would only see the world without such beings and experience it without it.

I don't want to overwhelm you with walls of texts and concepts but virtually the main characters are people from this universe who have a high perceptiveness to the other links of the multiverse chain, that 6th sense and learn to tap in to the powers they can unlock through it. Though these characters are special in the sense they have a high level sense, they are not "chosen". It's something that just happens(I.E: Mutants from xmen) they are a step in the evolutionary chain.

If people are interested I will delve more in to detail about the universes and how this all is going to play out at the beginning.
Lucifer
Recruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The World, a rp idea

Post by Javier Cross on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:45 pm

I'm willing to learn, because I figured its worth a shot.
Funny enough, a lot of our earlier operating R.Ps are kind of like that, except they have Canon!-Crossover Cosmology in play while making sure to avert fantasy Kitchen sink, actually.

Why did Lissa had to get stuck in a Vampiress's body, again?

What would you have done if you were in Mr. Tohsaka's shoes?

Admit it, you know its Badass! afro lol! Razz
Javier Cross
Prince of the Alliance!

Location : Trying to watch The Lightning Thief while watching Mina date her boyfriend, as if its a trailer scene.

View user profile http://interstellarwars.warsforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:01 pm

Yeah I know what ya mean. Well, I'm avoiding that too in many ways. I can say that there is going to be no vampires or werewolves. But I'm giving some of them a basis from stories in the real world. So it kind of explains E.T's and ghosts in a kind of different way.Well not ghosts exactly,closer to shadow people.. Of course that would just be two universes out of a few(I don't want to say there are thousands of multiverses since it would too confusing to try and think up different universes for all that.)

But not all the universes are "mystical" or "technological" one is probably going to be less advanced than us. Maybe a kind of Planet of the Apes scenerio universe.
Lucifer
Recruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Javier Cross on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:07 pm

Lucifer wrote:Yeah I know what ya mean. Well, I'm avoiding that too in many ways. I can say that there is going to be no vampires or werewolves. But I'm giving some of them a basis from stories in the real world. So it kind of explains E.T's and ghosts in a kind of different way.Well not ghosts exactly,closer to shadow people.. Of course that would just be two universes out of a few(I don't want to say there are thousands of multiverses since it would too confusing to try and think up different universes for all that.)

But not all the universes are "mystical" or "technological" one is probably going to be less advanced than us. Maybe a kind of Planet of the Apes scenerio universe.

Tell us more, please?
I'm all ears if they might even discuss the Round Table itself and how its best-known ruler, Arthur Pendragon(according to Monmouth) may have been a genetic abnormality in regards to various bloodlines, yet can't seem to specialize in any of the ability sets of the ones he has.

You got more examples to list?

Javier Cross
Prince of the Alliance!

Location : Trying to watch The Lightning Thief while watching Mina date her boyfriend, as if its a trailer scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:07 pm

Not quite yet, but I'll develop it more over the week.
Lucifer
Recruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Javier Cross on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:20 pm

Lucifer wrote:Not quite yet, but I'll develop it more over the week.

Then return to get back to us on it?

Javier Cross
Prince of the Alliance!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top